NorPix Hermes API SDK
Easy user application integration with NorPix software | Large DLL library | C, C++ and .NET compatible for all CLI such as C#, VB.NET etc. | Based on MS Visual Studio
Add DVR capability to your custom application with the Hermes API software development kit.
Add digital video recording features to your application using the Hermes API.
Use HERMES API, a proven reliable API for DVR applications, to harness the DVR power capability of StreamPix or TroublePix into your own application.
HERMES API is the standard low-level library at NorPix. All NorPix end user software products, such as StreamPix or TroublePix, are developed on top of the HERMES API.
HERMES is a set of C++ callable objects and functions that can be added to your own application to handle image capture, image recording and playback, video compression as well as image display and exporting.
C, C++ and .NET compatible for all CLI languages (Common Language Infrastructure) such as C#, VB.NET and many others.
HERMES is built using Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 to provide ultimate performance under Windows operating systems and take advantage of modern multicore CPUs. For best operation, we recommend Windows 10, 64 bit, but HERMES supports also older Windows 7 or 8 and Vista, 32 bit and 64 bit.
NorPix HERMES API Features:
- Multiple demo projects coded in Visual C#.
- Set of C++ functions and classes.
- Full control of the image flow within the application: Keep/discard/archive/display.
- Connect to any of the over one hundred frame grabbers and cameras supported by NorPix.
- Receive images from the camera.
- Save images to sequence file ( StreamPix's .seq file format), image files (bmp, jpeg, tiff, png) or movie clip (avi, mov, mp4).
- Provides access to time stamping using either computer clock or Irig time or GPS source, or LTC/VITC.
- Simultaneously Record and Playback captured sequence files at various speed.
- Display images received on a user-defined canvas (device context).
- Compute frames per second speed.
- Comes with detailed documentation and demo samples.
- Can be used with single or multiple cameras.
- Simultaneous support for multiple identical or different cameras.
- Set triggering mode from hardware or software based triggering.
- Work in 8 or 16 bit per channel with monochrome or color images.
- Perform Bayer interpolation.
- Modify frame rates as desired.
- Adjust camera parameters such as gain, brightness, shutter, gamma, hue, saturation, white balance.
- Set time lapse capture from single or multiple cameras simultaneously.
- Overlay graphics and text on live or playback video.
- Save images in tiff, multitiff, jpeg, bmp, DPX, j2K,FIT and many more formats.
- Automatic or manual white balancing.
- Real time intra frame JPEG compression to lower sequence file size.
- Support cameras or frame grabber with embedded JPEG, MPEG4, H.264 compression.
- Save camera settings in memory channels and reload them on demand.
- OEM volume pricing available for run time copies.
- Real time Bayer conversion / color balance / color mapping.
- DirectX GPU optimized support for full screen image display.